Doctor Who Magazine #488

FAN FAVOURITE OSGOOD – aka INGRID OLIVER –

IS BACK ON ACTIVE DUTY IN DWM 488!

Doctor Who Magazine 488 Cover

The popular UNIT science whizz was apparently killed off at the hands of Missy in Death in Heaven – but the rumours of her death may have been exaggerated! Actress Ingrid Oliver tells DWM about her joy at Osgood’s unexpected return.

“When I died, I was like ‘Oh. That’s a shame. That is a shame.” I really didn’t think I would return,” Ingrid tells DWM, revealing that she was shocked at the response to the UNIT operative’s demise. “I can’t watch myself on TV, so I deliberately made the decision to go out. And then I got a text from my agent saying, ‘Oh my God, you’re trending on Twitter!’ It was absolute insanity to me.” (more…)

The Essential Doctor Who: Issue 5

Essential Doctor Who 5 - Monsters
Issue 5 of Panini’s The Essential Doctor Who comprises 116 pages of all-new material exploring the dark side of the series…

Horror has been Doctor Who’s most consistent genre since the Daleks first threatened viewers in 1963. The metal-cased mutants are still notorious, but the programme’s shadows are occupied by many equally grotesque and disturbing creatures.

This is a comprehensive guide to the monsters that have been haunting our nightmares for more than 50 years. Everything from the Abzorbaloff to Zygons is covered in a richly illustrated, encyclopaedic format.

“When I was a kid I wished for a book that included all the Doctor Who monsters,” says editor Marcus Hearn. “Now I’m a grown-up my ambitions haven’t really changed. It’s been a labour of love for all of us to channel the spirit of Terrance Dicks’ Doctor Who Monster Book, and a treat to add so many aliens from the show’s now greatly expanded universe.”

The Essential Doctor Who: Monsters is on sale now at WH Smith and all good newsagents, price £9.99.

Big Finish, 4th Doctor Adventures 4.06 – The Cloisters of Terror

Legend has it that St Matilda’s college in Oxford is haunted. Three ghostly nuns wander the halls of the ancient institution, formerly a convent, and anyone who sees them will not be long for this world.
The Cloisters of Terror
When a student disappears, the new Dean, one Dame Emily Shaw, wants to call the police in. But it’s not just her staff who would rather she didn’t, as her call is answered by the Doctor and Leela.  Are the ghosts real or is there a millennia-old secret that’s even more terrifying hidden behind St Matlida’s walls and cloisters?

(more…)

Jago and Litefoot: Series 9

Henry Gordon Jago and Professor George Litefoot are back – and for their ninth series no less. With four stories loosely hung on the central conceit of a cruise aboard the Fata Morgana, a mysterious and somewhat ill-fated ocean liner, series nine lacks nothing of the style of its earlier stablemates.

Jago-and-Litefoot-series-9-slipcase

In Jonathan Morris’s The Flying Frenchmen, our heroes embark on their cruise only to find themselves engulfed by and becalmed in a multi-dimensional fog. The intrigue is heightened by well-fleshed ‘guest’ characters, and the only downside is the plethora of suspicious foreign accents that show up towards the latter half. (more…)

Jonathan Maitland Interview

An Audience With Jimmy Savile

Interview With Jonathan Maitland

by Eddie McGuigan

Jonathan Maitland is known to television viewers in Britain primarily as a journalist of note. He’s worked and presented programmes such as Watchdog and Tonight along with the BAFTA nominated series House of Horrors for ITV. But he’s also a fiction writer of some acclaim too, writing comedy sketches with and for Chris Morris and Rory Bremner along the critically successful play Dead Sheep, about the Geoffrey Howe speech which ultimately led to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s downfall. It’s with former collaborator and impressionist Alistair McGowan who he teams up with now for his latest work, a highly controversial play entitled An Audience With Jimmy Savile, charting how, whilst the glitterati of Britain lauded and knighted Savile, he was getting away with the most heinous of crimes right under the establishment’s nose. With Savile’s tenuous connection to Doctor Who with his frequent forays into its publicity in his show Jim’ll Fix It, I thought Who fans might be interested in the motivation behind this play, so spoke to Jonathan about what I believe is an important and worthy piece of writing:

(more…)

Big Finish, Fourth Doctor Adventures – 4.05 – Surburban hell

Somewhere in a leafy suburb of North London, someone’s world is ending in pain and misery, their very existence turned upside down by the lack of Marie Rose sauce just as their guests are expected. How can one host a dinner party without a starter!?

4th Doctor Adventures - Surburban Hell
But there is one, small hope! If the Doctor and his companion Leela can be distracted by Ralph’s small talk long enough for some sauce to be borrowed from a neighbour, perhaps the evening can be saved and a disaster avoided! But tasteless prawns and a struggle for topical 70s banter are not the only threats awaiting the Doctor.  There’s a rift in space and time which has lured the TARDIS into another time zone, and now  a strange fog has appeared outside in which lurk blue monsters expecting more than prawns on the menu!

Doctor Who Magazine #487

THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF EARTH, FROM ITS BIRTH TO ITS DESTRUCTION, IS REVEALED IN DWM 487!

DWM487_COVER

Planet Earth! It’s been attacked, invaded – even moved across the galaxy! Bu thanks to the Doctor, our world endures. Doctor Who Magazine tells the remarkable story of our planet and the many challenges it has faced… (more…)

Star Trek Continues – The White Iris

We’re big fans of the Star Trek fan series, Star Trek Continues here at Outpost Skaro. So when they announced a certain Colin Baker was guest starring in their fourth episode it seemed like a perfect combination.

Well, the episode has now been released online for us all to enjoy :-)

Doctor Who Main Range – The Last of the Cybermen

It’s ten years since the Great Cyber War was ended by a final assault on Telos after the tables had been turned by the Glittergun’s lethal efficacy.  But out in the furthest edges of the galaxy a strange reminder of the Cyberr-ace remains: a hundreds of feet high Giant Cyberhead.  

A monument? A memorial? A tomb? The Doctor sets out to discover what it is… but he fails to return.  Inside the TARDIS Jamie and Zoe’s worried waiting is interrupted by a brightly dressed stranger who insists that he’s the Doctor.  But why here? Why Now?  Has the universe really seen the last of the Cybermen?

Dressing up? Music? No, not Eurovision, it’s The Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular Tour!

The Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular tour has launched, celebrating the music of the world’s longest running science fiction TV series. The tour takes place this week in six cities across the UK. For further information on tickets, please visit:  www.doctorwhosymphonicspectacular.com.

Ben Foster conducts the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and the BBC National Chorus of Wales.

Vision Nine and BBC Worldwide are delighted to bring to the UK and European premiere of the hugely popular Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular at six major city venues in May 2015.

Musical Attack Eyebrows. (more…)

Page 1 of 6212345...102030...Last »
Outpost Skaro © 2014 Frontier Theme