Simon Fisher-Becker @ The Lost Theatre

Dorium MaldovarMentioned recently in the Outpost Skaro Podcast interview, Simon Fisher-Becker is bringing his one-man show, My Dalek Has a Puncture to the Lost Theatre in Stockwell this Sunday.  Don’t miss out!
“A LIGHT HEARTED EVENING WITH A NATURAL RACONTEUR MOVING FROM ONE HILARIOUS ANECDOTE TO ANOTHER. HIGHLIGHTING THE PITFALLS AND SILVER LININGS IN THE CRAZY WORLD OF AN ACTOR.”
FULL DETAILS AT:    WWW.FISHERBECKER.INFO

Date: 3rd August 2014

Time: 3pm

Tickets:

On the door: £10 Full

Online / Phone Booking: £11.25 (incl. £1.25 fees)

Box Office: 0844 847 1680

New Deep Breath Pictures!

Weather you see it on TV or the cinema we’re sure you’re all excited about the first Peter Capaldi 12th Doctor Episode: Deep Breath.  Here are some new photo’s to keep you going until the 23rd ( or sooner for the lucky ones seeing it as part of the tour).

DOCTOR WHO SERIES 8

Hmm. Chat it or twat it?  How will the new doctor act?

(more…)

The Doctor Who Experience

DWE_PROMO_850X345-540x219

Everybody knows that Doctor Who is the peoples show. It’s the programme that only, exclusively and completely belongs to me, and you, and him over there. It’s made only, exclusively and completely for me, and you, and, well, ok, him as well and, without a doubt, no one else on a Saturday night either watches it or, indeed, gets anything at all out of it. It’s mine. And your’s. And him other there’s.

QGVBfCVH

So it was incredibly nice of the people at BBC Worldwide to create an interactive exhibition for me at their sunny (the sun was put on especially for me) and gorgeous Roath Lock facility.

multimedia-teaser-image-for-doctor-who-experience-comes-to-cardiff-735542439

As a grown up (sort of) who remembers the foreboding and wonderful TARDIS entrance to the Doctor Who Exhibition in Blackpool, this huge, glittery, shiny and very posh custom made place on the water is a spellbinding and tear jerkingly thrilling place. Off to the side, randomly, is an abandoned police box, signs perhaps that the King is in Residence, and the foyer is resplendent with Bessie, a lego Dalek and a very friendly triceratops as well as a few other little nuggets dotted around. Spend some time there, have a coffee, and look around.

The tour itself starts with a cut and pasted message from Matt, a force of nature as always, as he describes the Doctor to us, as if we need to know, and we enter, through the crack in reality, to the tour proper. A thrilling special effect causes the TARDIS to materialise right in front of us and, after a bumpy trip in the console room, a scary encounter with the Daleks and, creepily, a forest of Weeping Angels, takes us to the Pandorica Room where, apparently by shuffling along, we help to rescue the Doctor!

Cardiff-Dr-Who-Experience-External

The interactive part of the Experience is great fun, and more than a little emotional for this long term fan as he joined punters dressed in fezzes and bowties (some of the NOT children!) who were thrilled at Matt’s on screen comic timing and energy. After seeing him do the same thing at Doctor Who Live, he really is a master at this. He pulls us along, makes us laugh, and even a little afraid (“Whatever you do. Do. Not. Blink!”) and punch the air at the very impressive 3D Pandorica Room as monsters reach other the screen to grab at us.

tn-1

After saving the Doctor (as you do), we get a two floored, up close and personal, exhibition of the series props and costumes, and whilst we’re asked not to touch, there’s no glass to stop us having a very good look. The treat for me was the reproduced console rooms, and TARDIS props, including the War Doctor’s/Eighth Doctor’s war battered box, and the Daleks. They are HUGE. It has to be said that the “cybus” Cybermen are much more impressive in real life too. There’s a nice little workshop on how to walk like scarecrow which is great fun to join in and also one on the music and sound effects. The miniatures too are worth spending some time studying, as is the Black Archive’s UNIT notice board.

As a fan of the show on a whole I could bemoan the lack of classic series props and monsters, but there IS a K1, an old school Sontaran (nice to see how radically difference Strax and co actually are) and an Ice Warrior (again, with the Cold War prop available for a contract and compare), so I would really be a bit churlish to moan about it. My advice to you is to look up occasionally too. You may forget you’ve seen something.

doctor-who-tardis-2

For its money, the Doctor Who Experience is very, very good value. It’s jam packed with detail, worth studying, and a complete geek fest. There’s even a little shop. Who doesn’t love a little shop? Take your time to go round, study the exhibits though, because you may miss stuff. And take pictures. Lots of pictures.

Matt is the driving force behind the Experience for now, but it’s due a regeneration soon, so if you’re a fan of the Eleventh Doctor, I’d urge you to get to Cardiff now before he’s gone, but then, I’m absolutely definitely going back to see how Peter Capaldi’s Doctor changes the exhibit.

This is a 9/10 holiday excursion, and thrilled both me as an uber fan, and my group, who included someone who doesn’t watch the programme and a ten year old. We all came out of the Experience happy and excited.

That really doesn’t matter of course, because, as everyone knows, the Doctor Who Experience was made specifically for me. And you. And him over there.

Book up for your own personal Experience HERE

The Master Returns

INTRUDERS PREMIERES AUGUST 23 ON BBC AMERICA

BBC AMERICA’s new original drama series starring celebrated British actor John Simm

and Academy Award winner Mira Sorvino

From writer and executive producer Glen Morgan (The X-Files), Intruders is about a secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others. A contemporary, chilling, paranormal tale set in the moody Pacific Northwest, the eight part series spins a fascinating and complex web of drama. As strange, apparently unrelated events start happening, multiple story-lines – a missing wife, an assassin covering his crimes, a child on the run – begin to intertwine to reveal a conspiracy that will forever change our understanding of human nature. Produced by BBC Worldwide Productions, the series is based on British novelist Michael Marshall Smith’s ‘The Intruders’. Intruders premieres Saturday, August 23, 10:00pm ET.

Jack Whelan (John Simm), a former LAPD cop with a troubled and violent history, finds the quiet idyllic life he has crafted with his wife, Amy (Mira Sorvino), shattered when she vanishes. Jack is drawn deeper into the mystery when his high school friend, Gary Fischer (Tory Kittles), shows up on his doorstep asking for help with a murder case. Initially dismissive of Gary’s claims, the more Jack investigates the more complex and surreal his discoveries become. What Jack uncovers leads him down the dark path of his own past and closer to the terrifying revelations about a secret society known as Qui Reverti.

In order to conceal the truth, an assassin named Richard Shepherd (James Frain) is embarking on a series of lethal executions and is in pursuit of a seemingly innocent nine-year-old girl, Madison (Millie Brown) – a run away with a score to settle who could be the end of them all.

With Gary’s help, Jack is determined to find and save the wife he loves, at any cost…

“Because in the beginning, there was death.”

Simm previously starred in the hit BBC AMERICA series Life on Mars, State of Play and Doctor Who. He is joined by Sorvino, whose multi-award winning body of work includes Mighty Aphrodite, Norma Jean & Marilyn and Human Trafficking. BBC AMERICA welcomes James Frain (The White Queen, Tron: Legacy, True Blood) and Tory Kittles (True Detective) to the channel, and 10-year-old Millie Brown (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland), making her debut in a series lead role.

Under the direction of Eduardo Sanchez (The Blair Witch Project, Exists) and Daniel Stamm (13 Sins, The Last Exorcism), the creative team includes acclaimed production designer Mark Freeborn (Breaking Bad), and the series has music by Bear McCreary (The Walking Dead). The series is executive produced by Jane Tranter (Criminal Justice, Getting On, Da Vinci’s Demons) and Julie Gardner (Getting On, Doctor Who, Torchwood) for BBC Worldwide Productions, Glen Morgan and Rose Lam (The L Word). BBC Worldwide distribute the series internationally.

Intruders is part of BBC AMERICA’s slate of dramas including original series Orphan Black, The Game, A Poet in New York, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, Ripper Street, In The Flesh, Atlantis, and Doctor Who.

Doctor Who Magazine 476

STEVEN MOFFAT REVEALS SECRETS ABOUT PETER CAPALDI’S FIRST SERIES IN DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE 476

Showrunner and head writer Steven Moffat gives DWM readers an exclusive guide to the new series of Doctor Who

‘Oh, it’s a proper blockbuster this episode,’ writes Steven about one of the brand new adventures, ‘so many explosions that Peter Capaldi came in on his day off to watch the Daleks blowing up! I like a Doctor who revels in the destruction of evil in his downtime…’

Also in this issue:

• Doctor Who‘s production designer Michael Pickwoad on how to create entire worlds.
  • Former script editor Andrew Cartmel talks to the writers he employed on what could have been Doctor Who‘s very last season: Ben AaronovitchIan BriggsMarc Platt and Rona Munro.
  • Terrance Dicks – script editor, writer and novelist supreme – talks about his work on Target’s Doctor Who books.
  • DWM pays tribute to the life and times of director Derek Martinus, the man who introduced the Cybermen, Ice Warriors and Autons to Doctor Who.
  • The Fact of Fiction takes a detailed look at the 1982 Fifth Doctor adventure, Kinda.
  • The Crystal Throne ­– the brand new comic strip adventure starring Vastra, Jenny and Strax continues.
  • The Time Team watch the Doctor meet River Song for the first time in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.
  • Jacqueline Rayner and her family get World Cup fever as they wait for the start of the new series in Relative Dimensions.
  • The Watcher poses more questions and reveals dubious secrets from the archives in Wotcha!
  • Reviews and previews of the latest CDs and books.
  • Official news, the DWM crossword, prize-winning competitions and much more!

Doctor Who Magazine 476 is on sale now, priced £4.99

Facebook Stuff

logotennant

Hello there, Faithful Readers!

We’re upping our Facebook presence in the run up to the new series, so if you want to find us there, please follow this link

FACEBOOK ONE

and “like” us there, or, if you’re super duper nice, see if we’ll add you as a “Friend” here:

FACEBOOK TWO

Remember we’re also on Twitter @outpost_skaro and from there you can find Nic, Eddie, Derek, Jack, Bunny and Alan all milling around as well.

Happy times and places

The Actual OS Team

Simon Fisher-Becker Podcast

Dorium MaldovarFamiliar to Doctor Who fans as Dorium Maldovar, Simon Fisher-Becker is currently touring with his one-man show “My Dalek Has a Puncture”, which comes to The Lost Theatre in Stockwell on Sunday August 3rd.

I was lucky enough to talk to Simon about the show, and how six lines and blue make-up provided his big break.

Details on the show, including all the tour locations and dates can be found on Simon’s website at

http://fisherbecker.info/

and the interview can be found on our podcast site by clicking here.

YouTube Preview Image

5th Doctor Comes to Legacy

Doctor Who Legacy - 5th DoctorIf you’re a fan of the game Doctor Who Legacy like me, then you’ll be pleased to have heard that the 5th Doctor has now been added to the game for use in your teams.

Due to be added as a drop in the Hunt For Greyhound One expansion, there’s a chance to grab him early if you’re quick and check out the Doctor Who Legacy newsletter on their site, or via their Facebook page.

For those interested in the game specifics, the 5th Doctor uses the green gems and has the following abilities:

Rank 1 ability: Brave Heart - Very cool new ability which allows you to replace up to 5 eliminated gems with Green after turn.

Rank 2 ability: Temporal Grace – Equally cool new ability (similar to an S-Perk and stacks with the Perk) Increase gem move time by 3 seconds for 1 turn.

Doctor Who Legacy is available for iOS, Android, Kindle and is on Facebook.

Page 1 of 4612345...102030...Last »
Outpost Skaro © 2014 Frontier Theme